Welcome the “Year of the Honey Bee”!
Great Start and Great Expectations! On behalf of the American International School of Monrovia staff, I would like to extend a warm welcome to our new, returning, and prospective AISM families. We would like to pass along our best wishes for our continued success in the transformation of AISM over its first twelve years of operations. As we conclude the second day of our planning week for the school year; we are clearly anxious to begin the Year of the Honey Bee.
This year, we are pleased to announce that the Honey Bee will be our theme for the school year. The American International School of Monrovia, over the years, has demonstrated a committed focus on our “interconnected community.” Here at AISM, everybody plays an important part in our educational ecosystem.
Honey Bees are known for their ability to work together in both the construction and maintenance of their large-sized colonies. Through their interconnected efforts, they are able to produce a surplus production of honey, while cross-pollinating various plants and flowers to help them both reproduce and grow!
We are expecting around 40 “new” students to join our “hive” here at the American International School of Monrovia, next Monday, August 26th.
We will be welcoming those students to our new parent and student orientation, this Thursday (August 22nd) afternoon.
As we launch the school year, next Monday, we will have a few highlights and information updates to pass along:
- On Monday, our first day of school, Café Royal, which provides our Hot Lunch Program, will be offering our student and teacher community a free lunch. Please note that after the first day lunch, the Hot Lunch Program will officially re-open on Tuesday, August 27th. Café Royal will be sending their menu by the end of this week.
- Last year, the Cantina transitioned to a card system in grades 1 – 10, to replace coupon books that will still be in use in EYP and ECE III classes. The card system has resolved lost funds and also provided a way to monitor our students’ food choices here at AISM.
- The After School Activity Program will resume on Monday, September 9th, with over 25 different activities.
As we start this year, with our new upgrades, and returning (and seasoned) AISM staff, the goal for this year will remain simple: “excellence to the highest degree.” To that end, all of us here at the American International School of Monrovia look forward to working with you – in the colony of the AISM family, as we start our school year next week, and continue with our ongoing school improvement.
Two final notes to pass along to ensure quality communication, in our educational ecosystem.
- We will be testing our SMS system over the next 48 hours. If you did not get a text message by Friday please email Lovettakaryeah@aismonrovia.comto either be added or confirmed you are on the list.
- If you are not already a part of the AISM Whatsapp SMS backup, please be sure to follow the directions below at the bottom of this email.
We look forward to seeing our new parents on Thursday afternoon, and our entire interconnected community on Monday, August 26th, before 8:15am.
Have a great afternoon.
To Join the AISM Parents Whatsapp group, or for any questions or concerns, please email Lovetta at firstname.lastname@example.org.