“In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins – not through strength but through perseverance”
This quote illustrates the theme for our school year perfectly. The “Year of the Wildebeest” continues to demonstrate that, through perseverance, we can offer a high quality internationally accredited program, as we know that “tough times don’t last, but a resilient team does!!”
Our community represents students from 13 nations from 3 years to 16 years old. The AISM staff now consists of representatives from 5 different nations, all of whom are certified teachers who meet our MSA standards of quality educators; over 50% of them have Masters or advanced degrees. This year’s team (myself included) has teaching experience in over 26 different nations around the world, and on all six inhabitable continents, giving us access to a true “global perspective.” This international mindedness is one of the tenets that underlie the AISM Learner Profile, and is one of our greatest strengths in providing for global collaboration and sharing of best practices, as we continue our search for “more right answers.”
While the AISM community has become more global, it has also demonstrated a commitment to excellence, which has enabled us to take our place as the only internationally accredited school in all of Liberia.
We should definitely celebrate these accomplishments and take pride in such monumental achievements.
One of the ways we will celebrate is with our Annual Culture Day, coming up this Wednesday afternoon at 2:00pm!
The Culture Day event is an annual tradition to celebrate our Diversity & Unity. Our community’s participation, including our parents and students, helps make this event an annual success!
In the words of Mahatma Gandhi “NO CULTURE CAN LIVE IF IT ATTEMPTS TO BE EXCLUSIVE.”
Please note the two sign-up links; some countries still need to be represented:
- A Grand Parade of flags – a signup genius will be sent out later during the week for parents to sign up their child to be a flag bearer of their native country. The overall requirement of a flag bearer is to be fully dressed in their National costumes.
“Taste of the world:”
- A “Taste of the World” consisting of food from every country represented this year at the American International School of Monrovia – a separate signup genius will be sent out asking parents to sign up and select a treat from their native country.
Immediately following our Culture Day, the Board of Trustees has called its Spring Meeting for this school year at 3:30pm.
Students may join one of the following ASAP activities:
- Soccer: Grade 3 and higher
- Outdoor Recess: EYP – Grade 4
- Basketball: Grade 5 and Up
- “PG” movie with Ms. Hicks in the School Library
Please remember to send any questions in advance to the firstname.lastname@example.org