Welcome the “Year of the Wildebeest”!
Great Start and Great Expectations! On behalf of a 100% veteran (Pictures Below) American International School of Monrovia staff, I would like to extend a warm welcome to our new, returning, and prospective AISM families. We would like to pass along our best wishes for our continued success in the transformation of AISM over its first decade of operations. As we enter our second decade, we are anxious to work with you to continue to make the American International School of Monrovia a great place for teaching and learning!
As we launch the school year, over the next two weeks, we will have a few highlights.
- The reopening and re-imaging of our Hot Lunch Program and Cantina by Café Royal! Please note that after today’s “free” lunch, the Hot Lunch Program will re-launch on Tuesday, September 4th. During this time, the CANTINA will remain open to serve students from 9:30 to the close of school.
- Starting next month, the Cantina will initiate a card system, which will replace the present $10 coupon booklets. So, students who “run out” of coupons will not need to worry, as their pre-paid accounts will simply be debited by the Cantina. This will also resolve the issues of “lost” or “missing” Cantina Coupons.
- This week, Café Royal will send more information out about how their service will transform to meet our students’ needs during the “Year of the Wildebeest.”
- The After School Activity Program will start on Tuesday, September 4th, with over 25 different activities.
- Today, the school was pleased to use, for the first time, our very new art room, located on the second floor of the gym. The addition of this new room will allow our Foreign Language (French and Arabic) teachers…for the first time…to have their very own learning spaces as well.
As we start this year, with our new upgrades, and returning (and seasoned) AISM staff, the goal for this year will remain simple: “excellence to the highest degree.” To that end, all of us here at the American International School of Monrovia look forward to working with you – the entire AISM family – side by side, as we start our second decade, and continue with our ongoing school improvement.
Just like the Great Wildebeest Migration, considered one of Africa’s most dazzling series of life … let’s have a spectacular year @ AISM … and robust learning all year long!
Pictures of our returning AISM Veteran Staff — Before and After:
Ms. Nicole Hicks 2014
Ms. Nicole Hicks 2018
Ms. Elisha James: 2016
Ms. Elisha James 2018
AISM Staff 2018