WELCOME TO THE YEAR OF THE HORSE
The past six years have witnessed a transformation at AISM each year during it’s rebirth on the historic school site of the American Cooperative School.
Over the last six years our school has changed dramatically and expanded to better meet the needs of our diplomatic, local and multi-national parents who are all seeking a quality International School education that meets international education standards right here in Monrovia.
Last year, during the Year of the Butterfly, AISM began the process re-affirming it’s identity as one of the top International Schools in all of West Africa. Last year AISM emerged from its cocoon stronger, wiser, and more fully committed to our vision and better prepared than ever for the challenges ahead. This year, during the Year of the Horse, we are all going to “pull together” on the path that has been set for this school which will firmly place us on the road of excellence.
During the Year of the Horse you will see:
- The introduction of Grade 9 and the start of our High School program.
- A new Science lab constructed and equipped by our corporate sponsors here in Liberia.
- 8 additional staff members ranging from Kinder I to Multimedia specialist, all occupying positions that are “new” to our school. This increase in staffing is geared to ensure that all students maintain and receive a highly individualized education.
- A school wide focus on reading!!
- The continued use and implementation of a multi-age, mastery-based flexible grouping system which will allow us to transition many non-native English speakers into our program, while also allowing us to challenge our highest performing students.
- A broader selection of extracurricular activities (over 30 options for the first quarter) to meet the needs of our growing student body. Our ASAP (After School Activities Program) will begin on Monday, September 9th
- Renewed commitment to making the education we offer creative and participatory for all students!
Looking forward to seeing everybody on September 3rd as we begin the Year of the Horse!!